Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shut down days

“Sometimes the most urgent thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest.”
--Ashleigh Brilliant

So, I had one of those days yesterday when you just don't feel like doing anything but resting. Apparently I was exhausted because I had absolutely no motivation! And, was very overwhelmed. I think it's ok sometimes and somedays to have "shut down" days. We need them. Rest is good. Because I allowed myself this, my motivation kicked into gear about 5pm and I cleared one corner of the kitchen counter, picked up from Friday night fun, and vacumned. Yeah! I am feeling so much better today even with the laundry overtaking our home because of plumbing issues! Checking out a few blogs also helped me to not feel so alone. Do you ever have "shut down" days? Oh...and btw...it's my 40th birthday today! WOW.


Danielle said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog.. You have a pretty awesome one yourself!! Us moms have to stick together before we are overtaken lol!! :)

Joe said...

Yes I do! I feel like I am having a shut down month being away from you and Emery!

Happy Birthday my Beautiful Bride!!!!

jacqueline said...

Dearest Shanie, sometimes we need a little shut down days to just do nothing but relax. I do when im feeling really overloaded with work. I always have to remind myself to be "Kind and gentle with myself". Rest is really good! Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you had a good celebration! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Nancy said...

YAY, I figured it out (thanks to you via Facebook)!! :) Love the blog, love the pics, love the girl! You have so many blessings (I'm sure I don't have to tell you that though)! Glad to see you're so happy! I love all the pics of Emery! OK, I think I might just start a blog now! :)

Kerri said...

happy belated- mine was 2 days after yours.

yes, those shut down days- i know them, i use to fight them, but i've found that if i give in , like you did, i'm ready to open back up happily in just a bit of time!