Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I wish...

That everyone could get along.
For a rainbow everyday.
For everyone to feel healthy and happy all the time.
For world peace.
That things didn't wear out, people didn't die, and...
For more time in the day.




So, the other day Emery and I were in the drive-thru at McDonalds. As I go to pull out, this man in a truck behind me yells, "Get out of the way!" Ok, how rude. Wow. I really think something sad is happening to our world. It seems that people are getting more impatient these days. I really think we all just need to slow down and have some patience with each other. After all, we are in this together, yeah? What happened to the days when people took their time and actually had time? What happened to the days when people actually cared for the real answer and not just, "good" to the question "how are you?" No, really...how are you? I purposely do not do the self check out lines because I need to deal with a real person. I don't like the automated phone systems because I need a real person. I like people. I like talking with the check out lady or guy and really understanding how their day is going. I like getting to know the people at my favorite restaurant and having them use my name when I come in. I like running into people I know and like in stores or elsewhere. Ones that really care. I know there are good people in the world. Please join me in saying "amen" to that and I dare you next time you ask someone how they are, really expect and listen to how they really are. And, if you are that guy in line at McDonald's, understand that the lady in that car may be trying to deal with a 6 year old yelling at her to get the cool toy out already. Or, the person going too slow in your lane may just be trying to get his Grandma somewhere safely. Just think about how you would wish to be treated. How many more of you out there agree with me that we need more love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control in the world? Amen.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

yes, i agree with you completely!

i do think it's when people get in a big hurry that they get rude...and unhappy.

slow it down, people! :)

Kerri said...

and thank u so much for popping over to my blog too- loved the message u left me so much! :)

Christie E. Little said...

ok..thinking of you girly. i hope you're having a wonderful weekend. my morning starts early tomorrow and continues with the day full of summer things to do. :) xoxo

Stephey Baker @ Marked By The Muse said...

This is beautiful. I especially love the sentiment about time and wanting more in a day. I too feel time is as precious as water is to the desert or the sweet nectar of a flower is to a humming bird - precious. I make it a point every day not to squander it on meaningless things - you know?

thanks for this tender moment. ;)