Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yes. Because, "I want to know God."

This is what Emery said tonight after asking me who God was and me asking him if he would like to read the bible before bed to learn more about him. Wow. The words that melt your heart. I tell you, the joy that filled me when I heard those words was so unbelievable and very overwhelming in a good way. All I could do was look up and say thank you. To hear those words and to have him say them on his own is so unexplainable and leaves me with such peace.

You see, for those of you who do not know...Emery is five years old. Yes, we go to church most of the time and yes, we try our best to do the right thing, but we are not perfect by all means. We teach him things like God is who made him super smart and the cutest boy we know, but I have not always been the best at reading his bible to him or talking much more past that about him to him. Now he wants more and I am so glad he does.

Peace to all of you out there.

No comments: